Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Might as well JUMP....erm, I mean....Parkour?

Ever think about jumping from your third story balcony to the parking garage below? Sure, we all have. But have you actually ever tried it? Unless you're reading this from your hospital bed, probably not.

A phenomenon known as "parkour" has swept our athletically gifted, and often intellectually challenged youth into trying grandiose feats of jumping and flipping off of things (I'm not sure how else to describe it, until you watch the videos).

For those who excel at this new "sport", I tip my hat. Some of the acrobatics involved are quite amazing. I sometimes have the thought of attempting some of these outrageous tricks, but then remember I am a thirty-something not-in-quite-as-good-of-shape-as-I-used-to-be manager-type person, and the thought expires.

I first came across a video of some guys jumping around a set of staircases about a year ago. But from what I remember, there was no tag or name associated with the behavior. Now it seem these videos are everywhere.

I doubt this will ever make it into the legitimate sporting world. But maybe one day we will see an X Games version.

You never know.

I will leave you will a few videos on the subject, as well as a special parody video called Pour Quoi. That parody is spot on, I've watched it several times.

Sit back and enjoy!

parkour


Parkour and FreeRunning


Parkour - David Belle - Yamakasi


Extreme Parkour Ahhhhh!!


Parkour


Crash Parkour 2



Laterz
AH

No comments:


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory