Sunday, May 27, 2007

Is Anybody Out There?

As a new blogger, I am likely going through what every other blogger has gone through in their own beginnings. Start posting things, try to hone your skills a little, start to your groove with the blogging, and ultimately wonder whether there is anybody out there reading your blog.

I find blogging very relaxing. And since my blog is about anything that strikes me at the time, it doesn't really fall into any particular niche of blogs. Personal blog I suppose would be the category, but since I blog anonymously, it's sometimes hard to personalize it enough. I think I've done an alright of it though so far.

Today I woke up, checked my blog (as I always do) to see if anyone left comments ( I also get a report from Sitemeter each morning of how many people visited my site).

So I looked at the little "comments" link below my last blog, and saw there was a number 2.

I blinked.

Rubbed my eyes.

I blinked again. And slowly realized there were comments. And I was really happy to find out there was comments from people other than friends of mine in real life (not that internet friends aren't real, but seeing comments from people over the internet is so great).

Now I know some of you who read this will be thinking I am crazy for being so happy someone left a comment on my blog, but it really is a milestone in the blogosphere.

Think back to when you received your first comments from people on your blog. It's pretty exciting!

So I wanted to take the time today to tell keshi and rodrigo how much I appreciate their comments.

And, for the sake of drumming up traffic, if you liked my past posts, please tell your friends to swing by as well (there's always time to make a shameless plug for my blog. :P).

Everyone is welcome in The Pumpkin Patch!

So to end this post, I leave you with my personal thank you to keshi and rodrigo, you both have made my day a happy one, even this early in the morning for me.

Thanks again!



Laterz
AH

2 comments:

Keshi said...

awww thats really very sweet of ya :)

** I am crazy for being so happy someone left a comment on my blog, but it really is a milestone in the blogosphere.

Ur entitled to feel the way u feel. Ur not crazy for being so happy abt receiving comments. Its actually great to have such human interaction in this busy busy world. So yeyyyyyyyyyy AH got comments!! :)


All the best mate!
Keshi.

Anathema Heterodox said...

Thanks keshi!


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory