Monday, May 14, 2007

Friendly Sunburn....

On Saturday I went with my neighbor to help clear some brush and stumps out at his uncle's farm.
Currently, my neighbor has a 42' by 46 quansit shed where he and his brother store some of their cars (they fix up old cars, drive them for a couple years, then park them here). They have run out of room in this storage space, and are getting another 46' extension in June. In order to do this we needed to clear all the brush and old stumps to make way for this new addition.
Now I'm not the most athletically challenged person person around, but I've not been exercising like I should be I suppose. My jogging curriculum has gone down the tubes.
So we went out there on Saturday, thinking it would be a 3 or 4 hour job.

How wrong we were.

We got out there about 10 AM, and by the time we were ready to go home, it was 8 PM. And, we still had what looked like a full days worth of work to get all the brush and stumps cleared.

Now not thinking it would be a whole day job, I didn't take along any sunscreen or hat.

Bad idea.

The sunburn on my head (which is close shaved) was fairly intense. I put some lotion on it, and figured the next day it would start to heal nicely into a tan.

It didn't.

2nd degree burns are what I got for being a good friend. minor blistering, stuff oozing, not a pretty sight.

So today I stayed home form work to heal more, and get the burn under control. So far all is well.
I will go to work tomorrow, probably in time for the skin to start peeling. Yay.

Did I learn my lesson? I suppose so. But in all fairness, I wasn't expecting to spend as much time out there as I did. Had I known we would be out there for that many hours, I may well have taken some precautionary measures.

That's all for now.

I'll leave you with an 11 second clip from Family Guy:

No comments:


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory