Sunday, April 22, 2007

Yaris and Me.....

So, I woke up on Friday morning, got ready for work, and stepped out my back door to head for my car.
But there was a slight problem with that idea.....my car was not there!
Yessir, my car was stolen.
I was, and am still, pretty calm about it. There was wasn't much of value in the car, just the usual car things like windshield washer fluid, shovels in the trunk, rubber boots....you get the picture.
So what's to be mad about? I took a cab to work, called the police and MPI (Manitoba Public Insurance), and this morning went to Enterprise Car Rentals and got my rental car (I have the rental insurance on my Autopac, so I'm covered up to $39.02 per day on a rental).
And as it turns out, I get to drive around in an orange chicklet for the next little while.....an orange colored Yaris.
I am pretty sure this is the smallest car on Earth. Well, it sure felt like it when I got in to drive it today.
But what the heck, it's a free car for a while, and I'll have fun with it.

So this will speed up my car buying process, especially if my car comes back and is written by MPI.

If you want to see what sort of power this Yarris has, I will be accepting challenges starting Monday. You have to run, and I get to drive the Yaris....should be close races.

:P



Laterz.
AH

2 comments:

JP said...

At least it, errm, doesn't have a side car.

Mark Turman said...

I think it thinks it is a side car all on it's own.

I suppose it beats walking though, so there's that.


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory