Sunday, April 08, 2007

Facebook, the addiction

In late March 2007, like a couple weeks ago, someone sent me an invitation to join Facebook.
As someone who gets his fair share of spam, I was very tempted to discard this invitation without even investigating what exactly it was.
Had I deleted that email, I would not have become addicted to Facebook.
Since that email, and the ensuing creation of my account, I spend every spare second I have checking my Facebook page to see whether I have any updates from my friends. It is truly amazing to find I am so much addicted to this site.
For those of you who surf the internet endlessly, you will appreciate the addiction. All of us hardcore surfers will be hooked by one web site or another from time to time. We will spend every waking hour on that site for days and days. And then, as quickly as the addiction started, it subsides, and we go back to our normal routine of surfing.

This Facebook site seems to be different.
I have yet to get bored of it!
I will admit, I spend less time directly on my Facebook page now than when I had first joined. But, I always have a Firefox tab open to my Facebook page. And in between checking out other web sites and cool distractions on the web, I am always checking in on Facebook for any updates.

Yes, I would say I am addicted to Facebook. And it looks like this addiction has some teeth and staying power.

Time will tell whether my life goes downhill because of it. heh.

Laterz.
AH

No comments:


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory