Thursday, August 02, 2007

weather or not.....

Is it just me, or does there seem to a lot of strange weather happening lately?

My area just went through 2 separate hot spells, there was crazy flooding going on in Newfoundland yesterday....earthquakes, hurricanes, super cold weather......it really feels like mother nature is kicking us in the groin.

Maybe it's not that bad, but it sure seems like it.

A couple years ago I discovered the perfect place for to live. The reasoning behind it was the climate.
I had been watching a show on tv about the search for Atlantis. They were focusing on several places around the world which would be prime locations for the lost city.
Then came upon a group of islands off the coast of Portugal called the Azores.
Now here's why that Azores would be my perfect spot to live.
Average temperature in the Summer.....24 Celsius
Average temperature in the Winter.....16 Celsius
That is the perfect temperature range for me. I don't need anything hotter, or colder. I would be satisfied with those temperatures.
Now the only problem I see with moving to the Azores, is finding a job. Not that jobs wouldn't necessarily be available, but rather the types of jobs in these islands are rather limited.
You got fisherman
Then you got tourism
That's pretty much it.
Now if they had some sort of high speed internet, it may be a viable move, if I could break into the dot com world successfully. But most dot coms fail, with only a select few start-ups gaining any huge success.....enough to sustain me, comfortably.

Time will tell if I end up in the Azores. I am told time is on my side, flows like a river, heals all wounds, is a companion that goes with us on journeys, waits for no man, and is vanquished by love.
All of this tells me nothing of whether I will be in the Azores one day.


If I run into time, I will ask him though.



And, here's some unrelated videos for your viewing pleasure:

LAND WALKER -Japanese Robot suit-


Amazing physics


korean archery - challenge the impossible


sony robot dance


Abba - Dancing Queen


marvellous hula dance


Speed Chess Game


Laterz
AH

No comments:


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory