Tuesday, July 31, 2007

HAIKU! - God Bless You

Quite by accident, as I was surfing through the endless blogs on blogspot, I came across one in particular which was chalk full of haiku. Is it haiku or haiku's in that sentence, I don't really know.

Anyway, the creative juices started flowing, and I managed to churn out a few haiku of my own.

Keep in mind, I am a beginner at this. These are my first haiku. Don't be cruel, but I would encourage comments and retaliatory haiku of your own.

So here they are:


clutching one more smoke
craving craving light it up
momentary peace

echoes whisper back
deja vu the cousin known
simply speak again

coffee cakes cut thin
talking loudly boisterous fare
leave a healthy tip

morning's here at last
necessary rituals
get to work on time

it is killing me
coursing through my body parts
yet I cannot stop



And a video to go along with the poetry today.

Haiku Documentary at Yale



This video has nothing to do with Haiku, but I liked it anyway. So here it is:

V - Now in words we can all understand!



And yet another unrelated video. This video deals with something I believe to be one of the greatest recipes ever invented!

Chicken Fried Bacon



To follow the last bacon themed video, here's a video involving something I need to do before I die. And quite honestly, I may die doing this.

Huge Bacon Eating Contest In Boston



And yet another culinary delight, created with love, and presented with class:

Egg and Bacon Ice Cream



And now a double delight video - two things I have now mentioned in my blog come together for this video - Chef Ramsay and bacon:

Gordon Ramsay - Stuffed Bacon-wrapped Chicken Legs



Laterz
AH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]SpdBfknGQTeuYB[/url] , NnbKsylOVo - http://yuxeflk.com


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory