Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Having a Good Day.....

Having a good day....

Yup, every once in a while, you look back at the day you just had, and you just have to smile. Maybe for no other reason than something small which made you smile, or something big that made you laugh.
It doesn't really matter what it was, but you get a warm, fuzzy feeling in your stomach that you just had a good day.
And sometimes you may not even know why you are feeling this way.....but you are. And there you go.

So that's where I am right now.....I had a good day.

Thinking back on my day, I can't put my finger on exactly what made it a good day. I had several meetings. I received way too many emails. I had a few things drop onto my plate through the course of the day. So work-wise, a pretty typical day.

The weather was decent. It warmed up to just above freezing today. And for those not in the Northern climates of North America, above freezing right now is like heaven. The Sun was out. Spring was in the air really. Pretty nice day.

I am pretty sure most of the people I saw today were the usual bunch.

Alright, so thinking about this while I have been typing, I may have an idea of what is making this a good day for me.
I feel like I have arrived at work.
No, not physically arriving at work, rather I felt today, at no particular moment I can recall, that I felt good in the Operations Management shoes I have wear there.
Yeah that's it.
Today felt different. Somehow I felt at ease with my role.
It's been several months at this new position, but today felt.....natural. It felt like I belonged. It felt like my opinion mattered. It felt like others viewed me as the position I am in, not what I was previously. I felt confident.

Now that I think of it, I spoke to many different people today, and each conversation made solidified my feeling they all felt comfortable with what I was doing. I have felt, in the last few months, that each conversation I have I am thinking about what a person in my position would say. Sometimes second guessing whether what I have said was appropriate for someone in my position.
Today there was none of that.

In the grand scheme of things, this day will likely not stick out in my mind all that much.
It will be a small blip in the overall good time I had on this big, spinning, blue ball.
It's the butterfly effect I wonder about sometimes though.

I wonder how many others had a good day because of me.....


Laterz
AH

No comments:


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory