Thursday, July 26, 2007

Facebook - 2nd wave

So I thought my addiction to facebook had subsided.....apparently I was wrong.

I've heard it from many people, saying facebook was for those people who wanted to re-live their high school years. I didn't agree with them of course. I have many people on my friends list, and 99% of them were people I met after high school.

I went through the initial phase of facebook, where you are pretty much addicted, and are adding friends constantly, logging into see who you can find or who has found you, etc, etc, etc.

Once over, the addiction settles, and you start logging in once or twice a day to update a few items, check out a few things, and that's that.

I thought it would end at that.

But no.

Now it seems the high school friends are creeping into the picture. And I find myself with a renewed addiction.

I still disagree with those nay-sayers, I don't want to re-live my high school years. But catching up with friends from almost 20 years ago is very cool. Friends who fell through the cracks somewhere, but you always wondered where they are now.

I find I am now sending messages and having some great email-type conversations with these newfound old chums. And I don't see anything wrong with it.

Let the nay-sayers go on and on about facebook, I don't listen to them.

I think they are missing out on something fantastic!


And as always, here's a few vids:

Facebook Infomercial Parody


Facebook Song


Do you have Facebook?


Facebook Documentary


Laterz
AH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Join the "I made friends after high school" group - pretty much sums up what you've said ;) - right on!


The Hole - video powered by Metacafe Add to Technorati Favorites Blogarama - The Blog Directory